Home Remedies to Remove Unwanted Hair
The home remedies given here for Unwanted hair removal are very easy
to follow. Find out which of the method is most suitable for your
1. Sugar Lemon Mix For Facial Hair
Sugar mixed with water and lemon juice will help in exfoliating your
face and offer natural bleach to your face. The lemon juice used will
help in lightening the color of your facial hair. These three
ingredients combine to help effectively remove hair on your face as well
as other parts of the body. It is advisable not to use these
ingredients on sensitive parts.
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 10 tablespoons of water
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- One small bowl
- Mix sugar and water in the small bowl.
- Once the sugar solution is ready, add lemon juice into the bowl and mix well.
- Now apply this sugar and lemon mixture on your face in the direction of hair growth on the face.
- Allow this mixture to rest on your face for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with water after 20 minutes, by rubbing the mixture gently with your hands.
- Repeat this process two to three times a week to see a reduction in facial hair.
2. Sugar, Honey and Lemon Mixture for Hair on Legs and Arms
Sugar mixed with water, lemon and honey is a very good home remedy to
remove unwanted hair from your body. It acts like wax and is very
effective in removing unwanted hair growth on legs and arms. This
procedure would be a bit painful as it is more or less similar to waxing
and plucking done in beauty parlors.
Ingredients and Tools
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of organic honey
- Water (optional to make the paste thinner)
- Cornstarch or all purpose flour- 1 to 2 teaspoons
- Piece of cloth or waxing strip
- Spatula for waxing or butter knife
- In a small bowl, take sugar, lemon and honey and mix them well.
- Heat this mixture for three minutes in a vessel to make it a smooth, free flowing paste.
- If you find the paste to be a bit thick, add water and mix well. Allow this mixture to cool at room temperature.
- Clean the body parts where you need to apply this mixture and then dust it with cornstarch or all purpose flour.
- Use the waxing spatula and apply a generous amount of warm sugar,
lemon and honey mixture on the areas where you do not want to see
- Apply it in the direction of the hair growth and once done cover it
with a cloth or waxing strips and press to make it stick on the paste.
- Pull the strip in the opposite direction if your hair growth to effectively remove unwanted hair.
- You can repeat this process whenever you spot unwanted hair growth on your hands or legs.
3. Sugar Molasses Home Wax Treatment
Mixing sugar with molasses or corn syrup will give you the same
effect that you get when mixing sugar, honey and lemon together.
Magnesium is a main component seen in molasses that will help in
balancing the hormones. It is quite effective in offering slow and
steady relief from unwanted hair. Mixing the sugar with molasses or corn
syrup will make the molasses become a depilatory wax that you can use
on your hands and legs to remove unwanted hair.
- One cup sugar
- Molasses’ or dark corn syrup
- Juice of half lemon
- Cloth or waxing strip
- Take a microwave safe vessel and add sugar to it.
- Add a drizzle of molasses on top of the sugar and microwave the vessel for two to three minutes.
- Make sure that the sugar dissolves completely and then add freshly squeezed lemon juice into this mixture.
- Stir well and if needed you can microwave the mixture for another two to three minutes until all ingredients blend well.
- Allow it to cool at room temperature and when the liquid is a bit
warm apply it on the hands and the legs where you see unwanted hair
- Now place the waxing strip on this applied mixture and press it.
- Pull it off to get rid of unwanted hair and repeat this process
whenever you spot unwanted hair growth on hands and legs. This is a
4. Lentil and Potatoes
Potatoes when combined with yellow lentil will help in effectively
removing unwanted hair. Potatoes have natural bleach properties in them.
The combination of these two items will help in making the hair color
lighter. It is an Ayurvedic process to get rid of the hair on the face
and other parts of the body.
- One potato
- A bowl of yellow lentil
- One tablespoon of honey
- 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Sieve or cloth
- You need to yellow lentil in water overnight.
- Peel off the skin of the potato and crush it. Take it in a bowl.
- Remove all the water from the lentil and grind it to make a paste.
- Now you need to extract the juice from the crushed potato and add it to the yellow lentil paste.
- To this mixture add freshly squeezed lemon juice and honey and mix well.
- Apply this mixture on your face and other parts of the body where you have unwanted hair.
- Leave it to rest on your body parts for about 20 to 30 minutes or until the paste completely dries out.
- Now remove the paste from the a-plied area by rubbing your fingers
over the paste. The dry lentil paste will pull off the hair from your
body as you rub the paste.
- You need to repeat this process two to three times in a fortnight to get rid of unwanted hair completely.
5. Alum Rosewater Treatment
Another home remedy that helps in easy unwanted hair removal
that is used commonly by women in India and Pakistan is alum and
rosewater treatment. Alum is easily available in the market in powdered
form. If you are able to get hold of the rock of alum, then you need to
grind it to make it into powder.
- Half teaspoon of alum powder
- Two to three tablespoons of rose water
- Olive oil or sesame oil (few drops)
- Cotton ball for application
- Add rose water to the alum powder placed in a small bowl.
- Dissolve the powder completely in rose water with the help of a spoon.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it in the rose water mixture.
- Apply this mixture on the areas where you have unwanted hair.
- Allow it to sit there and when it dries off completely, apply the rose water and alum powder mixture once again.
- Repeat this process for an hour. If you have sensitive skin, then it is better to stop the process after 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash it off completely and then dab some sesame oil or olive oil to moisturize the area.
- Repeat this process three to four times in a week for a few weeks to completely get rid of unwanted hair.
6. Egg Mask Facial Hair Removal
Egg white is a sticky substance like sugar, lemon and honey mask.
Once it dries on your face, it is very easy to pull it off and when you
pull it down, the unwanted facial hair will also come along with it.
But, you may experience pain when pulling off the dried egg mask.
- Half a tablespoon of Corn flour
- One egg
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Bowl for mixing
- Break an egg and take the white from the egg in a bowl.
- Add corn flour and sugar to it. Stir the ingredients well and make it a smooth paste.
- Now apply this as a face mask and allow it to dry on your face for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- It will become a think egg mask on your face once it dries completely.
- Now with a firm hand peel off the egg mask from your face in such a manner that the facial hair also is pulled out.
- Repeat this procedure two to three times in a week to completely get rid of facial hair.
7. Banana and Oatmeal Scrub
Banana is a natural ingredient that can be used to remove unwanted
hair from the body when mixed with a roughening ingredient like oatmeal
that will help in exfoliating your skin. The banana will help in making
your skin soft and supple and oatmeal will act as the cleanser for your
skin. Both combine to give unique and effective results.
- Take a ripe banana and mash it in such a way that it becomes a paste.
- To this bowl of banana paste, add one or two teaspoons of oatmeal and mix it well.
- Apply generous amount of this paste on unwanted hairs on your body and then rub it in circular motion.
- Allow this paste to sit on unwanted hair areas for 15 to 20 minutes
and then wash it off with water to remove the paste completely.
- Repeat this process two times in a week for a few weeks to get rid of unwanted hair from your body parts as well as face.
8. Raw Papaya
This remedy is suitable for all skin types including those with
sensitive skin. There is an enzyme present in raw papaya called “papain”
which helps restricting the growth of hair by breaking down the hair
follicles from which the hair grows. This remedy is also useful in
improving the texture of the skin as it works as exfoliate and removes
the dead skin cells. There are two methods for using this remedy.
Method -1 (Papaya And Turmeric)
- Take peeled papaya and make it into little pieces
- Grind the pieces to make fine paste
- Take 2 tablespoons of this papaya paste and mix it well with ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Apply this mixture to the face or legs or to the unwanted hair on other parts of the body
- Massage the skin with this mixture for about 15-20 minutes and later wash it with water
- Repeat this remedy at least twice a week to remove the unwanted body or facial hair.
Method -2 (Papaya and Aloe Vera)
- 1 tablespoon papaya paste or powder
- 3 tablespoons of Aloe Vera gel
- 1 tablespoon mustard oil
- ¼ tablespoon Gram flour
- ¼ tablespoon turmeric powder
- 2 drops of any essential oil
- Clean and dry cloth
- Any moisturizer or 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Mix papaya paste, gram flour, Aloe Vera gel and turmeric powder, mustard oil and essential oil to make a thick paste
- Apply this paste on the areas of hair growth in the opposite direction of hair growth
- Allow the paste to dry for 15-20 minutes
- Take the clean and dry cloth and remove the dried paste by rubbing the cloth in the opposite direction of hair growth.
- Wash the area with water and pat dry using the towel
- Now massage a few drops of olive oil, baby oil or moisturizer on the area
- Repeat the remedy 3-4 times a week for about 3 months to remove the unwanted hair completely.
Turmeric has been in use for treating skin diseases for centuries in
India. Apart from having antibacterial and antiseptic properties
turmeric also helps in preventing hair growth. This is a simple but
effective method for hair removal. Different methods have to be used for
removing thin hairs and for removing thick and dense hair
Process for Thin Hair
- Take one or two teaspoons of turmeric powder or enough quantity to cover the area of hair growth
- Soak this powder in sufficient quantity of rose water, milk or water
to make it a smooth paste which can be applied to face comfortably.
- Keep the paste applied on the face or affected area for about 15-20 minutes or till it gets dry
- Wash off the paste with warm water after 20 minutes
Process for Dense Hair
- Use turmeric in combination with gram flour or ground oats or rice
flour along with milk and use it in a similar way as mentioned in the
process for thin hair.
Chickpea flour or gram flour has been used traditionally by Indian
mothers to keep their child’s skin soft and clean. They use the gram
flour mixed with turmeric, water or milk to apply to the skin to remove
unwanted hair growth and to treat the skin problems. Here is the chick
flour mask remedy to remove hair growth.
- ½ cup chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh cream
- ½ cup milk
- Mix chickpea flour, turmeric, fresh cream and milk in a bowl to make a paste without lumps
- Apply this paste on the body from where you want to remove the hair
- Make sure that each hair in the area is covered with the paste
- Keep the paste on the skin for about 20-30 minutes
- When the paste is dried, rub off the mask with your hands. You may wet your hands before rubbing the mask
- You should rub in the opposite direction of hair growth
- Wash the mask applied area with lukewarm water
- Repeat this 3-4 times a week to get rid of hair growth
11. Safflower Oil- Thanaka Home Remedy
Thanaka is a very popular tree in Myanmar whose bark is used for
cosmetic purposes. It is yellowish in color and when mixed with
Safflower will help in easily getting rid of unwanted hair on the face
and other body parts easily. Safflower oil will help in cleansing and
making your skin get softer and smoother. Thanaka powder is a natural
body hair inhibitor that will help in easily removing unwanted hair.
- Take thanaka powder in a bowl and use as much powder as you need to cover the unwanted hair growth areas.
- Now add sufficient amount of Safflower oil to the powder and mix it well.
- Apply this mixture on the body areas where you do not want the unwanted hair and leave it to rest there overnight.
- Wash it off with water early next morning.
- Use this mixture every day for two to three months to see effective results.
12. Onion and Basil
Onion is a natural ingredient that will help in making your skin look
beautiful and will also help in removing unwanted hair when mixed with
basil leaves. The trick here is to find out the thin transparent
membranes of onion skin that lies between the onion layers.
- Take the thin onion membranes from two medium sized onions and crush it with 10 to 12 basil leaves to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on the unwanted hair in your body.
- Leave it there for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Wash it off and pat dry. Repeat this process three to four times a
week for one to two months to remove the unwanted hair from your body.
- Make sure to continue this process until the hair is completely removed from its roots.
13. Camphor- White Pepper for Removing Unwanted Hair from Legs
Camphor and white pepper are very strong and might cause burning
sensation on the skin. It is particularly worse on sensitive skin.
Hence, it is advised that this treatment has to be done only on the
legs. There are many people who suggest using kerosene oil along with
camphor and white pepper powder for effective results. But, kerosene has
highly inflammable property and can easily catch fire from a spark.
Hence, avoid kerosene oil and use only camphor and white pepper mixture.
- Two tablespoons of White pepper
- Two tablespoons of camphor
- Almond oil to mix
- Grind the white pepper into a fine powder and mix it with camphor in a bowl.
- Add a few drops of almond oil to help mix these two main ingredients.
- Apply this paste on the legs and allow it to rest on your legs for 10 to 15 minutes maximum.
- Wash it off with water and you will see that hair is also coming out along with this paste.
- Repeat this process whenever you want to carry out unwanted hair removal process on your legs.
14. Indian Nettle and Turmeric Remedy
Indian nettle is a very popular natural medicinal herb that contains
anodyne, anti-microbial, anthelmintic, emetic, anti-parasitic, hypnotic
and wound healing properties. It is a wonder herb that is used
traditionally to treat diseases like asthma, pneumonia, bed sores,
wounds and rheumatism. It combines well with turmeric powder to
effectively remove unwanted hair from your body.
- Take few fresh Indian nettle or neem leaves and crush them finely.
- Add dried turmeric powder into the crushed neem leaves and mix it well.
- Add a few drops of water to make this into a paste so that it can be
easily applied on the skin. You need to make sure that the paste is not
loose or too thin.
- Apply this paste as a mask on the areas where you do not want to see hair growth.
- Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes or until the mixture dries completely.
- Peel of this mask to get rid of unwanted hair from the body.
- Regular use of this mixture will help in effectively removing unwanted hair growth all over your body.
15. Lemon Juice and Honey Remedy
A mask of honey and lemon juice will stick to your skin like glue and
will also help in removing unwanted hair growth when peeled off from
your skin. Honey has hydrating and moisturizing properties and will help
in making the skin smooth and soft. The lemon juice has exfoliating and
cleansing properties and will clear your skin. Lemon juice will also
help in tightening your skin pores and will help in lightening the hair
on the face and other body parts as it has bleaching properties. Both
these ingredients have anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties
and will help in avoiding skin irritation.
- Take a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice in a bowl.
- Add 4 tablespoons of honey to this juice and mix it well.
- Apply this paste on the face or hands or legs or areas where you do not want hair growth.
- Allow it to rest on your skin for 15 to 20 minutes and then remove
the mask with the help of a washcloth that is soaked in lukewarm water.
- Repeat this process two to three times a week for few months to see effective results.
16. Green Gram Flour and Rosewater Paste
Green gram flour has exfoliating properties that will help in easily
removing unwanted hair. Rose water is a cleansing agent and will help in
cleaning the skin. When both these ingredients are combined, then the
mixture will help in getting rid of unwanted hair and also helps to
cleanse any kind of skin, from sensitive to acne prone skin to rough
- 2 tablespoons of green gram flour
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of rose water
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- A small bowl for mixing
- In a bowl, add rose water and then ad green gram flour. Mix them well.
- Add lemon juice to this paste and then mix once again.
- Apply this paste on the affected areas of your skin.
- Leave it to sit there for about 20 to 25 minutes or until it is completely dry.
- Wash it off with water and then pat dry.
- Repeat this process three to four times a week until you have lost all the unwanted hair from your body.
17. Lentil Face Pack
The lentil face pack is best prepared with red lentils. This is an
excellent natural home remedy to remove unwanted hair from the face and
is also a very good face scrub. Scrubbing the lentil paste in the
opposite direction will create a friction on the skin that will help in
removing hair from your skin and also help the skin to be clean, smooth
• Half a cup of red lentils
• Air tight container and grinder
- Grind half a cup of red lentils and sieve this powder a few times to get fine red lentil powder.
- Now take 2 tablespoons of this powder in a bowl and to this powder,
add sufficient quantity of honey and milk so that they mix together to
form a smooth paste.
- Let the mixture rest in the bowl for about 15 to 20 minutes. You can
safely store the rest of the lentil powder in an airtight container for
- Apply this mixture on our face and leave it to rest for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Once dry, scrub it gently on face and then wash it off with water.
- Repeat this process three to four times a week. If you have dry
skin, then it is better to use this mixture on the skin just once a
- Adding rose water, sandalwood powder, potato juice or dried orange
peel powder to this pate will help in removing facial hair as well as
brightening the skin tone.
18. Spearmint Tea
The unwanted hair on your skin occurs due to excessive production of
Hirsutism. This is mainly due to the hormonal imbalance that occurs in
your body due to increased androgens and testosterone hormones. It could
also be because of the over-sensitivity of the hair follicles to
androgen hormones. Drinking spearmint tea will help in bringing down the
androgen levels in your body and thereby help in getting rid of
- Take 5 to 6 fresh spearmint leaves or dried spearmint herb in a teapot and add boiling water in this pot.
- Cover the pot and allow this to steep for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Strain the tea and drink it to get rid of unwanted hair from your body.
- Drinking this tea once or twice every day will help in showing effective results of unwanted hair removal.
19. Take More Phytoestrogen Rich Foods
The estrogen levels in your body will come down if you have increased
levels of androgens and testosterones (male hormones) in your body.
This will result in hormonal imbalance that will cause hair to grow in
unwanted places. If you take foods that are rich in phytoestrogens, then
you can reverse this effect considerably and hence you will help in
getting rid of unwanted hair growth. Phytoestrogen is a plant hormone
that is quite similar to estrogen hormone. Include foods rich in
phytoestrogen in your daily diet and make sure that you use all its
supplement forms also in your daily cooking. Some of the foods rich in
• Flax seeds
• Fennel seeds or herbs
• Soy Milk
• Brahmi herb
20. Blackstrap Molasses
Women will always see the deficiency of essential minerals in their
body. This will result in some problem or the other like having hair in
unwanted places or losing hair from the scalp. Blackstrap molasses is
one that is rich in minerals, iron and also has all the right minerals
that will slow down the growth of hair in unwanted places. It will also
help in gradually stopping the growth of hair in unwanted places.
- Take two heaped teaspoons of blackstrap molasses and eat it everyday to get rid of unwanted hair on your body.
- It is advised that you consult your doctor before having blackstrap
molasses if you are taking any iron supplements or are suffering from
Simple Tips for Unwanted Hair Removal
The following are the tips that you need to follow in order to get
better results of completely getting rid of the unwanted hair growth on
It is advised that you consult a health professional or a doctor if
you experience unusual hair growth in your body coupled with certain
muscular features like: decreased breast size, deepening of voice and
increased muscle mass. Natural home remedies will definitely take a
longer time to show results and hence you need to be patient when trying
out these remedies. You will enjoy results without any side effects or
damages to your sensitive facial skin. There is no chemical involved in
these home remedies and hence no side effects. They are very easy to
prepare and most of the ingredients are commonly available in your home
or you can get it in your local store. You will not need to put a lot of
effort in preparing the home remedies that will help in removing hair
from your face or hands or legs.
- The first thing that you need to bear in mind is that you should have patience when trying out these home remedies.
- You should try to use all these home remedies according to your
convenience. This is the only way you can find out which is the best
unwanted hair growth removal remedy for you.
- You should drink plenty of water as well as fruit and vegetable
juices to aid your remedy and to help in easily removing unwanted hair
from your body.
- Having a steam bath before using any of the application remedies
will help in opening up of your skin pores and thereby aiding in easy
hair removal form unwanted areas.
- Make sure that you also stick to a healthy diet plan along with
regular bouts of exercise to regulate your hormone levels and to reduce
the growth of unwanted hair.
- Washing the area properly after doing the treatment will help your skin to be clean and neat.
- You need to also have adequate amount of rest every night for at least 7 to 8 hours to lead a stress free life.
- Practicing yoga and meditation will help in calming you down and you can keep your unwanted hair problems at bay.
Try these simple home remedies and get rid of unwanted hair growth on your body.
Labels: HOMEMADE, INFO, REMOVE UNWANTED HAIR, TIPS